A good rolling backpack is substantially more comfortable for school-aged children than a normal backpack due to its high functioning features.
However, there are just too many options available on the market, making it difficult for us to select the best rolling backpack according to our needs.
As a result, the question arises: which is the best fit for you?
Well, here are my top recommendations:
- Most Reliable: JanSport Driver 8 Core Wheeled Backpack
- Most Spacious: J World New York Sunrise Rolling Backpack
- Multi-Purpose: The High Sierra XBT Wheeled Laptop Backpack
- Unique Design: Tilami Rolling Backpack
- Most Budget-Friendly: Coofit Rolling Cute School Backpack
In this article, I’ll try to provide you with as much details as possible based on my shopping experience with rolling backpacks.
First and foremost, let's take a quick look at some of the considerable features required to make the right decision in rolling backpacks.
Things to Consider Before Buying The Best Rolling Backpack For School
Size is a very important factor when its about choosing a backpack for school.
You must choose a backpack that will be lightweight and comfortable enough for your children to carry at school.
Though, it must be large enough to carry all of the books and school supplies.
Moreover, every school has different rules and limitations regarding backpacks, so keep that in mind as well.
Building materials is another important considerable feature in a rolling backpack.
You will find backpacks made of various fabrics including cotton, polyester, nylon etc.
While cotton is sustainable, polyester backpacks could be great in terms of water resistance.
Padded Shoulder Straps
Backpacks exist primarily for the purpose of carrying items, thus they must be comfortable in every way especially if it's for someone as young as a school going kid.
If your kid's backpack's straps aren't comfy or well-adjusted enough, you may as well consider switching to one with padded shoulder straps.
Traditional bags lacked padded straps, resulting in extremely painful situations.
Attractive Color Combination
Having a colorful bag at school will not only make your child happy, but it will also instill confidence in them.
Besides, children are often highly enthusiastic about well-designed backpacks, which they consider to be really cool and appealing.
Your child will be more motivated to attend school if you choose a color scheme that appeals to them.
Best School Rolling Backpack Reviews
- The JanSport Driver 8 Core Wheeled Backpack is extremely sturdy, showing no signs of wear even after years of constant use.
- It has a padded 15-inch laptop sleeve, a side water bottle pocket, and a front organizer pocket, all with long-lasting construction. Additionally, the bag is available in a number of colors to match your personal style and needs.
- Capacity: Large enough to hold multiple gears.
- Material: 100% Other fibers
- Dimensions: 21" x 14" x 10"
Best for: School/Outdoor Trips
- Things We Like About This Backpack:
It's spacious, well-made, and easy to organize your belongings thanks to the numerous compartments.
It also feels surprisingly light on the back, even when loaded with heavy weight, making it suitable for everyday use.
And the most amazing part is, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
Although I am happy with its overall service, I believe the handle could have been a little more robust.
It does not appear to have an intermediate position, as far as I have seen.
You have to either pull it all the way up or all the way down, which might be a little annoying during a move.
- The J World New York Sunrise Rolling Backpack is a high-quality, convertible wheeled backpack that combines the load capacity of a rolling bag with wheels with the portability of a school backpack.
- It also comes with adjustable single-tube aluminium handle that extends up to 34 or 39 inches for easy manoeuvrability by teens and adults.
- Also includes cushioned air mesh shoulder straps and back pad and a slip-in system for convenience.
- Capacity: Holds up to two big text books, a laptop, lunch box and various small items.
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Dimensions: Length*Width*Height = 18 x 13 x 9 inches
- Best for: Elementary School Students
- Things we like about this backpack:
The bag is pretty lightweight which means your child's back will never be sore from having to lug around heavy books all day.
The wheels doesn't make any noise which is a plus point.
You also have the option of pulling out the straps and wearing it like a regular backpack.
It's sturdy and versatile and probably one of the best back pack you could spend your money on.
Even though it has a water-resistant coating on top, there is a good probability that water will soak through the backpack if you bring it out in pouring rain.
I believe it is a minor inconvenience that can be solved by placing a plastic bag/overall within the inside section of the backpack.
Nevertheless, it's a very useful product.
- The High Sierra XBT Wheeled Laptop Backpack is a lightweight, comfortable carrier that includes multiple carrying choices.
- It's a well constructed bag with multiple pockets, very convenient for long trips.
- Furthermore, it is suitable for people of all ages.
- You can fit all of your daily essentials in there, as well as your gear and other bulky goods, with no problem.
- It's a multi-purpose bag with a lot of functionality that's well worth the money!
- Capacity: Any heavy objects that is 17” in width can easily fit in the backpack.
- Material: 1680D ballistic nylon, 900D Duralite
- Dimensions: 0.1 x 14 x 8.5 inches
- Best for: Travelling/Carrying gears like Laptop, Kindle Book, etc.
- Things We Like About This Backpack:
Extremely durable which means it's going to last you for a long time.
Strong building materials that doesn't wear off easily.
Has lot of pockets for organization.
Doesn't tip over when it's full.
The wheels slide smoothly through the parking lots, concrete walkways, tile, etc.
Cushion straps makes it surprisingly comfortable to carry.
Even though this bag is large, it isn't as wide as it appears, which could be a problem if you want to carry large stuff.
The handle feels a little shaky when tugging on the wheels so that's something to keep in mind as well.
- Durable Wheels
- Double Zipper
- Telescoping Handle
- Combination models
Tilami Rolling Backpack comes with a color matching lunch bag as well as multiple compartments for holding various items.
As a result, your child will always be able to pack and carry notebooks and school supplies wherever they go.
- The bag includes a large compartment with high-quality construction, as well as other useful features including a double-zipper wrap-around clasp and an adjustable shoulder strap.
Capacity: Big enough to store many supplies at once.
Material: Polyester lining.
Dimensions: 18.5 x 13.7 x 7 inches.
- Best for: Elementary School Kid
Things We Like About This Backpack:
Unique and eye-catching design.
Comes with additional lunch bag leaving you with spare space!
Sturdy Material that lasts for a long time.
Adjustable steady handle for flexible use.
Comes with great warranty.
It's a bit on the pricier side which could be inconvenient for those who are looking for a backpack in budget.
- Coofit Rolling Cute School Backpack is made with high-density nylon fabric and breathable polyester lining that will last for an extended time.
The backpack is ergonomically intended to help kids' backs. By increasing stability, the front chest buckle lowers backpack shaking and garment friction. On the back, there is a breathable fabric that is quite comfortable to carry.
What We Like About This Backpack
Retails for only 28 dollars.
Wear-resistant and splash-proof exterior, meaning it will last for a long time without any physical damage.
Big enough to hold your laptop, accessories, stationaries and many more.
Adjustable & detachable handle that fits your height perfectly.
The only downside I see is that the bag keeps separating from the rolling cart, snapping it back to place could be little frustrating at times.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are Rolling Backpacks Better For School?
Rolling Backpacks are ideal for students who are tired of carrying heavy textbooks and supplies along long, winding corridors.
Apart from wheels, it also has shoulder straps hidden in a zipped compartment which means you can wear it like a regular backpack whenever you feel like.
Rolling Backpacks vs Regular Backpacks – Which One is Best?
Rolling packs are just backpacks with wheels.
It's essentially a little trolley used to transport objects that are too heavy to carry on the back.
It's a great tool for people who always have to carry a lot of heavy gear.
The bags significantly reduce back strain caused by daily lifting of big loads.
The dual carrying makes it easy to roll backpack with the trolley or just use it separately.
Are Rolling Backpacks Good For Kids?
With those handles and wheels, rolling backpacks have made life much easier for kids, especially when carrying hefty school supplies.
It has a significant favorable impact on their development.
Personally, I believe a rolling backpack would be preferable, if not the best, for your school going children in terms of comfort and functionality.
A smart rolling school bag is a very convenient carrier for on going students. It's not only comfortable but it comes handy in various situations.
I hope after reading the entire article, you will be able to shop for the best rolling backpack for school like a pro!